Monday, April 14, 2008

Off the beaten track....

In between work, the apartment and the shops I do manage to get some minor sightseeing done. Nothing major, but still:

I walked down the stairs that were used in 'In The Mood For Love', for the scenes where the girl goes out to buy noodles. It is one of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen, so even though the stairs aren't that much of a sight it's just nice to know.




Had dinner at Cafe de Goldfinch, where scenes of '2046' were filmed. Sequel to 'In The Mood For Love' , still haven't managed to see it till the end but I feel the moment is near.



Last but not least, I was in the building from where the SARS epidemic spread in Hong Kong :) The whole building was closed for weeks, they desinfected everything... This is what I found on Wikipedia:
"In Hong Kong the first cohort of affected people were discharged from the hospital on March 29, 2003. The disease spread in Hong Kong from a mainland doctor on the 9th floor of the Metropole Hotel in Kowloon Peninsula, infecting 16 of the hotel visitors. Those visitors traveled to Singapore and Toronto, spreading SARS to those locations."

No comments: